Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have several HDX8000 units that are at software level 3.0.1 or lower.  Can anyone answer the question, how big of a jump can I take with the software versions.  Can I just upgrade straight to 3.0.4, or do I need to take a more gradual approach?  I have 18 of these units and would like to get them upgrade as fast as possible, so if there are any I can jump, please let me know.

Also, for disaster sake, how can I roll back a software upgrade?

Thanks

Jason Hopp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Jason, no problem going from 3.x to 3.0.4.  You do not even need an upgrade key because you are in the same family.

If you have a unit running 2.0 then you need to install 2.5 first before upgrading to 3.x.  Each major jump requires a key.

Any system running 2.5 or above can go direct to 3.x

There should not be a need to roll back, however if needed use the 'CUSTOM' setting in the WebUI upgrade.  This provides extra check boxes that allow the current software to be deleted.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Jason, no problem going from 3.x to 3.0.4.  You do not even need an upgrade key because you are in the same family.

If you have a unit running 2.0 then you need to install 2.5 first before upgrading to 3.x.  Each major jump requires a key.

Any system running 2.5 or above can go direct to 3.x

There should not be a need to roll back, however if needed use the 'CUSTOM' setting in the WebUI upgrade.  This provides extra check boxes that allow the current software to be deleted.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  That is what I was hoping for.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.