Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

How fast can I upgrade the software?

SOLVED
JasonHopp
Occasional Contributor

How fast can I upgrade the software?

I have several HDX8000 units that are at software level 3.0.1 or lower.  Can anyone answer the question, how big of a jump can I take with the software versions.  Can I just upgrade straight to 3.0.4, or do I need to take a more gradual approach?  I have 18 of these units and would like to get them upgrade as fast as possible, so if there are any I can jump, please let me know.

Also, for disaster sake, how can I roll back a software upgrade?

Thanks

Jason Hopp

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kendo
Polycom Employee

Re: How fast can I upgrade the software?

Jason, no problem going from 3.x to 3.0.4.  You do not even need an upgrade key because you are in the same family.

If you have a unit running 2.0 then you need to install 2.5 first before upgrading to 3.x.  Each major jump requires a key.

Any system running 2.5 or above can go direct to 3.x

There should not be a need to roll back, however if needed use the 'CUSTOM' setting in the WebUI upgrade.  This provides extra check boxes that allow the current software to be deleted.

Ken
Polycom
Sr. Product Support Technician

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kendo
Polycom Employee

Jason, no problem going from 3.x to 3.0.4.  You do not even need an upgrade key because you are in the same family.

If you have a unit running 2.0 then you need to install 2.5 first before upgrading to 3.x.  Each major jump requires a key.

Any system running 2.5 or above can go direct to 3.x

There should not be a need to roll back, however if needed use the 'CUSTOM' setting in the WebUI upgrade.  This provides extra check boxes that allow the current software to be deleted.

Ken
Polycom
Sr. Product Support Technician

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
JasonHopp
Occasional Contributor

Thanks.  That is what I was hoping for.

Message 3 of 3