Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Due to user error, we have had a couple of instances now where a user has either connected two calls (we don't have a multi-point option installed) on our Group 500 codecs, or a previous user hasn't disconnected, and a new user adds a second call.

With the RP Group series units, after the total number of allowed video calls are placed (one, in our case) the system will connect the next call via audio-only. This results in the existing video call still being up, usually showing a loopback of the selfview (from the MCU) and then the audio from the correct virtual-meeting-room coming through.

It's user error that is causing the problem, but has happened a couple of times now, so I'd like to prevent it happening again.

So... does anyone know if it is possible to disable the audio add-in calls feature on the codec?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your wish still not clear to me,would you please let me know whether multipaoint conference is happening between endpoints adding to another or through RMX?

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Hi Yash Pal,

Thanks for responding.

To get the point, what i want to do is to disable the ability of the RPG 500 to add an audio call in (from the endpoint).

I don't want the endpoint to be able to connect to more than one call at a time (from the endpoint) regardless of audio or video, as this is causing problems, with users connecting multiple calls.

Regards

Shane

HP Recommended

Since 2014, there is no answer, is there any solution now, in 2018?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.