Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

How to Increase Mic Volume for RealPresence 500

Occasional Visitor

How to Increase Mic Volume for RealPresence 500

How do you increase the mic volume for a RealPresence 500? Far end users are having a difficult time hearing.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: How to Increase Mic Volume for RealPresence 500

Hello @jwooh,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP, H.323 server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Polycom Employee

Re: How to Increase Mic Volume for RealPresence 500

You did not provide any details so based on the problem statement I will make an assumption that the calls are a combination of Skype for Business and GS500 systems.

So we do know about this issue.

The explanation is that, historically, for normal video calls we have had a ‘standard’ level of gain transmitted.  Now Microsoft comes along and basically said ’we don’t care about your standard, this is what we are doing’. 

So now there are two levels of ‘standard’.  If the customers environment is all the same systems there is no problem.  But in a ‘mixed’ environment like yours it is a problem.

We are looking into a resolution. Discussion at this time is still ‘on going’. I have no further details.

Please give Polycom Support a call (through your reseller if needed). 

We will need - a log with SIP trace enabled- where the test call reproduces the issue. Please reset the volume level back down to the default of ‘0db’ before the test call.   

Current thought is that this may need to be a Feature Enhancement.

So, Group Support Team recommends pushing this request to Sales as a Feature Enhancement. While the request has already been made and the team is pushing this Feature Enhancement up the chain, it is recommended to speak with your Sales Rep to advocate for the enhancement and strengthen it as a priority.

Ken
Polycom
Sr. Product Support Technician
Message 3 of 3