Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi good morning i need some help, i have a vxs 7000 device but i want to upgrade the firmware to 8.7 i already have the polycom softupdate, but i need the firmware 8.7, but i can find it, anybody can help me please?.

what can i do to upgrade mi device? any idea please

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Do you know if this is a VSX 7000, 7000s, or 7000e?

HP Recommended

Good moornig friends:

I have i doubt if i want to upgrade my firmware of my vsx 7000 but do I need the license or just with the serial number of my device?

Can I upgrade the firmware of my vxs 7000 just with the serial number? I can`t find the firmware 8.7 for this device.

HP Recommended

My device is a vxs 7000

HP Recommended

Do you need the serial number of my device vxs 7000 to do the upgrade?

HP Recommended

You will most likely need a upgade key for the upgrade. The upgrade key can only be generated of the serial number of the VSX. http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/vsx_series/vsx_previous.html. That link will take you too the download just in case you do need it.  

HP Recommended

I already visited the page but the only tool that I can find is the polycom sofupdate( just the tool but not the firmware), or can you tell me if the firmware is .bin or something like that?

HP Recommended

When doing a software update for a VSX you first need to download the zip file from the support website. Once you do that you need to remove the .exe from the zip file. Then you run the .exe were it will ask for the IP address of the VSX you are tiring to update. There is no .bin file for the VSX units. 

HP Recommended

Can you tell me the link to generate the new lincense please to upgrade the device?

HP Recommended

Ok l need a big favor look its my fist time I`m gonna upgrade the device, myabe you have a lot of work but can you tell me  step by step to do the upgrade of me devie please? I alredy have the polycom softupdate, i know the ip of my device. can you tell me the way to do the upgrade please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.