Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

How to config 30fps profile

lienviet
Occasional Visitor

How to config 30fps profile

I've bought MGC+50 and 5pcs of VSX7000s, I'm trying to setting some different profiles but they're all running at 25 fps, how can I change frame rate upto 30fps? 

The grid is 50Hz 220VAC supply.

Thank you,

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GaryMiyakawa
Respected Contributor

Re: How to config 30fps profile

30fps will only be available in areas that support 60hz power...   25fps is the best you can do (and should be pretty good)...

Where are you ?

Gary M

Wanna' Test your H.323 System? (71.14.2.157 or 71.14.2.158)
cb157.miyakawa.us and cb158.miyakawa.us
www.miyakawa.us
www.codecsidekick.com
Message 2 of 4
lienviet
Occasional Visitor

I'm in Vietnam. By the way, could you send me a link of Polycom document explain about relationship of 25/30fps profiles to the grid 50/60Hz?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

The 25 <-> 30 fps choice is based on the PAL <-> NTSC system used. MGC is tolerant to to the TV system but the endpoints have different cameras according to the TV system in the country. AFAIK you in Vietnam use SECAM so the codecs for your country have PAL cameras and support 25 fps. You can find this on the System Information screen.

Please note that PAL(SECAM)/NTSC usually corresponds to 50/60 Hz in the country.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 4 of 4