Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I want to replace HDX directory.

When I import new directory in HDX web interface,  there still remains old entries.

Now I delete old entries one by one.

Please teach me how to delete directory easily.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

From the System settings go to Diagnostics > Reset System, select ONLY the Directory. Enter the system serial number as requested.  This will delete the local directory.

HP Recommended

That's fantastic to know, especially if you have physical access to the HDX. But my understanding of Bamboo's post was that s/he was using the web interface. Do you have another solution that can be used remotely?

HP Recommended

There is only one way to delete the Directory from the WebUi and that is during a software 'SoftUpdate'.  After starting the process and pointing to the update file (which can be the current load of software) select 'Custom' rather than 'Typical'.  This provides extra check boxes that will allow you to 'Change System options', Change System Settings', or 'Erase System Flash Memory'.

Selecting only 'Change System Settings' will bring you to the next screen where you can 'Retain the Following Files'. Un-checking the 'All Directory Entries' will delete the local Directory.

HP Recommended

Thank you Kendo and Moony.

I tried to delete the Directory by "SoftwareUpdate" . But it spent times and had some risks of delete settings.

I find API telnet command "resetsystem deletelocaldirectory". This meet my needs very much.

HP Recommended

I tried this, but it still retains the "Favorites" folder. I have a GAB setup called "favorites" and now end up with two folders called Favorites". How do I get rid of the "system" folder Favorites?

HP Recommended

One of many threads I have gone to as I have the same issue.  I want to get rid of my favourties folder too as it raises support calls.

Seems strange how quickly we get an answer to problems that are easy to fix.  But as soon as something tricky comes along (as most things are or we wouldnt be asking) the thread goes dead.......

HP Recommended

It would have been helpful if you had stated that running command

""resetsystem deletelocaldirectory"

forces the endpoint to reboot without further notice.

I wish Polycom would have programmed the system to ask for confirmation before any such action is taken.

Why do Polycom make life difficult for the administrator. You can delete the entries within Sample Sites. but cannot delete the actual folder! Amazingly mind boggling.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.