Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

For data security reasons I need to delete the recent call list without downgrading to the factory firmware version as it is being donated and I do not want to lose vers 3.0. All other settings have been reset after a factory reset/config reset.

Is there a way to check what my factory version is? And can I update to 3.1.3 if I am on 3.0.3? The device is an HDX 7000 HD. 

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You might consider the Telnet "resetsystem" API commands.

Open telnet (on Port 24)..   Type in the follow..

resetsystem deletelocaldirectory

resetsystem deletecdr

resetsystem deletelogs

Give those a try and see if they delete everything you need to delete...  If not, then the way Ken mentioned is best.  There is an API command that will delete everything..  It is:

resetsystem deletesystemsettings

BE VERY CAREFULL!!!!  There is NO "Are you sure?" question asked... as soon as you type in and hit enter, the system deletes everything.

Cheers,

Gary Miyakawa

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

A factory restore is the best way to clean up a system that is being transferred to a different owner.

First check to see what version of software the HDX is entitled for.

Go to the below site and enter the system 14 digit serial number.  The system will provide any upgrade keys and option keys that the serial number is entitled to

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/licenserequest/overview.htm

HP Recommended

You might consider the Telnet "resetsystem" API commands.

Open telnet (on Port 24)..   Type in the follow..

resetsystem deletelocaldirectory

resetsystem deletecdr

resetsystem deletelogs

Give those a try and see if they delete everything you need to delete...  If not, then the way Ken mentioned is best.  There is an API command that will delete everything..  It is:

resetsystem deletesystemsettings

BE VERY CAREFULL!!!!  There is NO "Are you sure?" question asked... as soon as you type in and hit enter, the system deletes everything.

Cheers,

Gary Miyakawa

HP Recommended

Gary--

In the end, I ended up doing it that night and finding a DOD document online that said how to the commands you mentioned over the serial connection. Thanks! This was what I was asking for. 

HP Recommended

Hi;

Please explain the exacte procedure inorder to clear recent call.

I'm facing the same problem.

Thank's.

HP Recommended

Use telnet or connect to it via a serial port (RS232) like I did using Putty or Linux and then enter Gary's commands. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.