Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have recently joine a company that has three sites, equiped with V500. I noticed that all sites are open to camera and video conferencing, Anyone connect to our video conferencing see and hear our communicaiton.

I am new to videoconferencing and shall appreciate if someone can assist me in securing / protecting cameras and communication. At back end we are using VS7000 and on each site it is V500, with old version of year, 2005. I could not find licensing or user information. Please hel if possible.

Thank you,

regards,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You need to disable "auto answer".  That way no calls automatically connect.

You need to enable "Mute Auto Answer".  This will disable the microphone when a call is answered.

This will prevent calls from being automatically answered and people hearing your site...

Good luck,

Gary M

HP Recommended

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your response, I have disabled "auto answer & microphone" but now I cannot connect to the camera within the company.  Is there something I have to change in the router? I have to call the router guy to make changes, please advise.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

Now that you have disabled "auto answer"..  Someone MUST click the remote (or web interface) to "accept" the call....

Cheers,

Gary M

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.