Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How to switch from Russian onscreen keyboard to English one with remote control?  After setting language of GUI interface to Russian, I am not able to enter default Login/Password (admin/SN of codec) because I have only Russian onscreen keyboard ...

RPG 300/500, S/W 4.2 and 4.3

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried to change the language back in the web interface.

Go to Admin Settings -> General Settings -> Language, and change back.

I have just replicated this issue in our test environment and it has worked.

The language of the web interface does not change even though the language on the group series itself has, there is a different method for changing the language on the web interface.

Thanks and Regards,

Gareth Morris

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for reply!

Yes,  it works,  but question was about GUI onscreen keyboard, not about WEB interface.

BTW I think that it is not good idea to link keyboard language  to the interface language. IMHO - there must be always at least two languages: English and any one

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have discussed this with OVG offline and the root cause is being unable to add some of the Latin Characters being presented in the Username admin and the Password which is usually the serial number of the unit with a mix of latin letters and numbers:

The next step is to raise this as a service ticket via your Polycom reseller so we can either enhance this or defer to a feature request for any regions using non latin letters.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.