Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP 7000 to HDX via cat5e?

Highlighted
Advisor

IP 7000 to HDX via cat5e?

Has anyone connected an IP 7000 phone to their HDX 8000 by converting the walta cable to cat5e?  I have the wiring instructions for this, but am interested to see what experiences others have had with this option?  I am trying to solve the problem of having lots of network jacks under a conference table, and behind the HDX but no easy way to get a micrphone cable from the table to the HDX without running it along the floor.  Core drills and conduit are not preferred.

This solution would also apply to standard table top mics using a walta to cat5e cable, but I am also trying to eliminate some of the clutter on the table by removing a Polycom conference phone and using the POTS jack on the back of the HDX to connect to an analog port on the wall.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: IP 7000 to HDX via cat5e?

There is a Polycom Walta (Plug) to RJ45 (Socket) which is about 92 long. Part Code 2457-25646-001.

Pete

Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

The 2457-25646-001 cable is 18" long

2457-25646-001.png

Another Cable Option could be 2457-23716-001

2457-23716-001.png

I would suggest you liaise with a certified Polycom Reseller in order to check that this is a supported environment.

Source => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Sorry, make that 9"!!

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Advisor

I have attempted to use two 2457-25646-001 to convert the walta from the phone to cat5e, then back to walta.  No success.  Is this even a supported\documented solution?

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yep! I tried that too. A Standard straight thru' CAT5e won't work.  The pin outs are in the Integrators Guide found under the HDX9000 Doucuments & Downloads.

Pete

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Advisor

Thanks Petep-

I guess my question is really, one of actual experience.  Has anyone followed the pin-out diagram and how did it work out?

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Our AV integrator soldered the pins together according to the diagram, and it did work.

Using that adapter did not work - that adapter is for extending Mic Arrays/Pods - not for controlling or interacting with the HDX from an IP7000.

Message 9 of 9