Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

can anyone tell me what the maximum possible distance is between a Quad ISDN BRI Interface module and the HDX conferencing set? What is the maximum cable length from the modules to the Vc-unit?

Thansk in advance for your reply!

Regards,

Fred.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are using a QBRI and a NT-1, the distance on the ST side of the NT-1 would be, as pointed out, about 10 feet or so.  Now the OTHER side of the NT-1 (Called U) can have MUCH greater range (like, several hundred feet).   So, if you really need to extend, extend on the U side and then have the NT-1 close to the Codec.

I realize you appear to be asking about from the HDX to the QBRI (dog house) but thought I would throw this in, in hopes it might help.

Hope that helps!

Gary M

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Are you planning on making your own cable between the Quad BRI unit and the HDX base unit?  The pre-made cable generally comes with the Quad BRI unit and probably has unique pin configuration (non-standard RJ).  Or are you asking about the length of the ISDN cables from the Quad BRI unit to the wall ISDN network jacks?

HP Recommended

The only cable which is supported is the one which comes with the ISDN module, and it is 7'.

You would generally extend the ISDN lines to the unit.

HP Recommended

If you are using a QBRI and a NT-1, the distance on the ST side of the NT-1 would be, as pointed out, about 10 feet or so.  Now the OTHER side of the NT-1 (Called U) can have MUCH greater range (like, several hundred feet).   So, if you really need to extend, extend on the U side and then have the NT-1 close to the Codec.

I realize you appear to be asking about from the HDX to the QBRI (dog house) but thought I would throw this in, in hopes it might help.

Hope that helps!

Gary M

HP Recommended

Thanks all for your replies.

Is indeed appears you can only use the cables the come with the Quad BRI interface to connect to the NT1.

I got it upo and running now, but still some strange behaviours, which I will address in antoher post.

regards!

Fred.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.