Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When dialing from one HDX endpoint to another that is already in a call (mutli-call not active on our endpoints) the calling endpoint will experience 2 possible behaviors:

1) It will receive a busy signal (preferred behavior).

2) It will be shunted into and ad-hoc VMR on the RMX.

I would prefer that calls to endpoints that are already in a call result in a busy signal, it is an easily recognized result.  Explaining to my end users why they call an endpoint and end up in a VMR is not an easy thing to document on an in-room quick reference sheet, and is actually not a desired outcome for the situation.  If the endpoint is busy, I want a busy signal.

Does anyone know how to force the "busy signal" result? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Dear
You question  is not clear enough to understand . I will try to answer you from the point i understood .
You mean to say , you don't have multi point license , you are trying to call a end point which has multipoint license .

If it is giving busy , you have to check in the destination HDX for the Multi point Auto Answer setting . If not enabled try to enable Auto Answer Multi point call .

If not ask the HDX with multi pont license to call you and other participants to create a meeting .

I hope it will help you !

HP Recommended

None of the endpoints involved have a multi-point license.  Maybe this will help clear up the question:

Endpoint A is in a call with endpoint B.  Endpoint C calls endpoint A.  Sometimes endpoint C will get a busy signal when calling endpoint A when endpoint A is in a call already.  Other times endpoint C will be pushed into an ad-hoc VMR instead.  Is there a way to make the behavior consistent, so that when you call an endpoint that is already in a call, you are always given a busy signal just as you would if you were calling a busy telephone.

Getting pushined into a VRM is a confusing solution to a busy endpoint.  It is as confusing as calling someone on a phone and being put into an audio conference bridge if they are on a call already.  You would not expect that to happen.

A busy endpoint should result in a busy signal. 

HP Recommended

The HDX will not decide 'on its own' to send a call to the VMR.  There must be more to this than this description is eluding to.

As described the HDX will always return the Busy Signal and error message when it cannot join an existing point to point call.

If your system A and B are in a conference using the RMX then this may be possible depending on how the RMX room is configured.  Check with your RMX administrator.

HP Recommended

In the case of a call from A to B, and then C to A, the RMX should not be involved.  These should be point to point calls.  The problem I am trying to resolve is why, when the calling conditions are identically replicated, do we sometimes have endpoint C receive a busy signal, and sometimes have endpoint C forwarded to an ad-hoc virtual room on the RMX when clearly this is a point to point call?  What features controls this behavior, and why is it not consistent.

HP Recommended

The HDX will not re-route a call on its own.  The only HDX feature that comes close is Call Forwarding which is only available in an Avaya Communication Manager environment and that requires a special option key.

This is a feature/capability only from a server.

Since the VMR is an RMX thing I would look there first. You must be calling into the RMX or there is a gatekeeper that you are registered to that is doing this.

Check the call detail record to see what was dialed when the VMR was called.

I suggest speaking to one of the RMX experts here at Polycom Support.

Contact us link.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/Contact_Us.html 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.