Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am exploring different options for setting up a video conferencing solution.

Are there any major complications I will run into if I want to port a web conference (ie: skype, megameeting, gotomeeting) as a video stream into the HDX unit?

Therefore, I would be able to have a "3 way" conference using the HDX to bridge the web and VC participants.

What are the options for displaying the video from both sources (pip, overlay, side by side?).

Is there an easy way to set up the "3 way" audio?

I searched for this but don't know how to word the search so, if the discussion exists, please point me there.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
The Polycom HDX does not support Web based meeting applications. It supports H.323, SIP and ISDN. Check with your reseller for more info.
HP Recommended

Hi Ken,

I'm sorry. I guess my first message wasn't clear. I did not ask if it was able to support web applications. Only a web feed output as a video source from another computer, which I am assuming it is because it is a simple video feed.

You can completely disregard the "web conferencing" item and replace it with any other device.

What I need help with, and which my reseller cannot help me with, is how I am going to integrate this with web conferencing. They gave me the same answer (does not work with web).

So, I have a participant on a web conference, be it Skype, Megameeting, GotoMeeting.

I maximize the window.

I send this as a video out from my computer.

I send it as a video in to the Polycom unit, so it can be used as content.

I am now assuming that the participant in the video conference on the other side will be able to see this video, and so will I.

The audio is what I am wondering about.

I take the audio out from the computer.

Plug it into an audio in on the back of the Polycom unit.

So, the audio from the web conference should be able to be streamed to the participant on the other side, correct?

Will I also hear the audio on my side?

Now, what would be the most efficient way to get the audio from the person on the other end of the video conference to the person on the other end of the web conference?

What I assume is that as long as the audio from the other VC is being broadcast in my VC room, I can place a mic near the speaker(s) that will send audio back to the person on the other end of the web conference.

Can you think of a better way to do this?

Again, my reseller can offer little help unless they are willing to set this all up and try it themselves. Or, if Polycom is willing to lend me an HDX 8000 to try this out, then I wouldn't need this assistance.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

The only way you would hear the audio from the near end of the conference would be if you plugged the audio out from the computer into the VCR audio input on the codec.  You will likely have issues with echo cancellation if you integrate in this manner.  There are gateways that will transcode skype to H.323. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.