Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Polycom Community,

Is it possible to join or initiate a WebEx session with a Group 500 VTC? If so, can you please point me to the right direction? I have seen some posts regarding Web Ex integration for HDX8000 but I am unable to coorelate it to Group 500.

Thanks very much for your help!

Zakevos

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The Polycom videoconferencing units, including all the Group Series, support H.239 standard for content sharing.  To share a WebEx, or any other content source, you would share the computer/laptop that it is running on as a content source.  That can be done via the web and the Pano App (Pano app information) or by hardwire connecting the computing device to the codec via digital (HDMI) or analog (VGA).  

Polycom also has a content sharing device called Pano that allows wired, LAN connection, AirPlay and Miracast connections to it.  Pano information here

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. Sharing the WenEx session as a content input is one way but the customer wants to utillize the Eagle Eye camera and the codec to initiate a call and conduct a conference.

Is that doable?

HP Recommended

Yes, they would do a call to other system, any H.323 system, either another system or a multipoint controller.  Once they have the videoconference up they can then use the content sharing of the system to share the screen that their WebEx is on.

They would have one 'conference' that is all the users on WebEx and another that is the video call in which they can share content.

HP Recommended

Hello,

What if we want to use our Polycom RP 500 or 700 in our classrooms but might need to have someone join remotely from their PC (so not using any videoconferencing equipement like Polycom), would that be possible? I've been testing it and for some reason, the eagle eye cameras won't show up (they don't even wake up when the codec gets in the call). Sharing content won't work either. It will show on our projectors coming out of the Polycom, but the PC using the WebEx app cannot see the content... 

Or perhaps this is more a question for WebEx...

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

HP Recommended

First WebEx is not H.323 product so it will not 'integrate' with H.323 standards based products without a gateway to bridge the different protocols.

First, Webex as content.  You should be able to connect the computing resource that you are using for your webex session to the GS codec.  You would do this by connecting to the system hardwired, i.e. HDMI connection, or you can use the Pano App (download from the Polycom support web site) to share the application to the videoconferencing system as content.  

Second, to add video/audio to a Polycom endpoint the far ends will need to be able to support the H.323 protocol, like the RP Desktop or Mobile application from Polycom, or you need to meet at a 'common' point like Zoom or Bluejeans.  

HP Recommended

I have a group 500(6.1.6.1-460003) i have issue sharing content when connected to webex. The monitor display content share but the remote not able to receive.

I have no issue with zoom and bluejeans.

Is there any setting that i need to check?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.