Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

We still have some 'distant' sites that are using VSX7000e Codecs. One of them has misplaced their Polycom VSX7000 remote....I have given them my very last one. Should any of the remaining 7000 sites lose theirs or their remote fails will the HDX8000 remote work for at least some of the features such as 'Camera', directional arrows, <Enter> and Volume?

I doubt it but it is worth a long-shot.

Thanks for any insight to this. I haven't had a chance to actually drive out there and try it with an 8000 remote...

Thank you.

KKSky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The VSX remote should always work with HDX/GS (even if they have been programed with a different IR channel) because the VSX remote always sends on Channel 3 (the universal channel).

In a pinch you could use something like VTC-uRemote (which runs on Windows/MAC/Linux).   If you are interest, drop me an email and I'll send you a link to download a limited copy.

Cheers,

Gary Miyakawa

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I managed to do a very quick check of this and used an HDX8000 remote. It controlled the VSX 7000 for what we needed it to. It's nice to know that it appears they are interoperable. I didn't get a chance to test every function but it will serve in a pinch.

KKSky

HP Recommended

The VSX remote should always work with HDX/GS (even if they have been programed with a different IR channel) because the VSX remote always sends on Channel 3 (the universal channel).

In a pinch you could use something like VTC-uRemote (which runs on Windows/MAC/Linux).   If you are interest, drop me an email and I'll send you a link to download a limited copy.

Cheers,

Gary Miyakawa

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.