Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a polycom vsx 7000 and a couple days ago it was working just fine.  Over the weekend the system stopped being able to answer call coming in.  I can hear the ringing but the polycom will not auto answer and when I try to do it manually it again cannot connect. 

I can make calls out from my polycom system and continue to have communitcation.  I had my ports open earlier and was able to recieve calls.  Please let me know what i need to do to fix this problem.

Growlab

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Assuming this is on IP.  It sounds like some where in the network changes have been made the are limiting the videoconferencing calls of completing.  I would recommend talking to the IT department to see what changes were made on the firewall and/or routers.

HP Recommended

Try to established a point to point call on your LAN first to see if the problem still exist. If its OK, maybe there are some changes on the FW. Based on my experience, even if ports are open on the FW, if you check the logs there are still some packets that are being dropped.

HP Recommended

This has happened multiple times after where it works one day and then stops working a few days later.  Sometimes It works and stops working an hour later.  I have no idea what is going on or what is going to happen.

Thanks for the help,

Growlab

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.