Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Does anyone experience the issue with Poly X50 firmware 

update from 3.0.0-212070 to 3.6.0-350035 via Polycom Support site?

The unit is stuck in an infinite loop for the firmware update, but the update does not go through.

There is no way to break the loop by singing into webUI of the unit.

Poly support was not able to provide any insight on the reason or any work around.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @avs 

Welcome back to the Poly community. 

Depending what serial number the Studio X has you may need to initially upgrade to 3.2.3 first. 

I believe I posted these links before

https://swupdate.lens.poly.com/polyos/3.2.3/280012

Factory restore the unit and then upgrade

If this fails please share the ticket number

replied via a mobile device 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK I'm sorry your post was not clear what to do with the url provided. I was expecting an article with the description, but the link does not work in a browser.

Apparently, to upgrade Poly X50 from 3.0.0-212070 to 3.6.0-350035, it would require an upgrade to 3.2.3 first (as stated at your post). The upgrade would need to be done via WebUI of Poly X50 through Device Management Menu (Poly X50 IP address#/servers/provisioning-server). Need to specify custom server url and provide the following https://swupdate.lens.poly.com/polyos/3.2.1/224090 as a server address  . After the upgrading to 3.2.1, would need to register Poly X50 to Poly Lens and flip "Download Update From" to "Provisioning Server". Then perform upgrade to 3.6.0-350035.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello @avs 

I did reply from my mobile so sometimes a forum search may be needed to get more details

replied from a mobile device

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi we have found many an issue with this and currently the only solution has been as follows:

1 - Factory default the unit to get it out of the loop.

2 - Load 3.2.x onto a flash drive -extract to the root of a FAT32 files system from the *.tar file.

3 - Inset in the USB port on the Studio X.

4- If required use a wireless mouse to accept the update as 3.0 does not auto-start it seems.

5 - Once updated to 3.2.x, update to latest version of firmware. (Currently 3.7)

Hope this helps.

Please let us know if successful.

Many thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.