Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I wondered if someone would be able to advise on an issue I am having with trying to turn off the auto-answer on multipoint calls please?  Basically due to a potential security risk we would like to set the option to auto-answer multi calls to ‘no’.  It has always been set to ‘yes’, but changing it to ‘no’ the codecs still auto-answer and changing the P2P option to ‘no’ will allow us to manually answer MP calls. 

We still want to auto-answer P2P calls.  Just don’t want another office from accidently joining and interrupting a call.

The setup I have is several HDX 9004’s, running 3.1.3 with an 8-point multipoint licence.  I’ve changed the setting on the web interface, under both General Settings and under Monitors.

To test it, I dial one site and then bring a third site into the call (that has the multipoint answer set to ‘no’).  I’d want to want to see an error message that it failed to connect, but it connects automatically.

Has anyone seen this issue before or can spot if I’m doing anything wrong?

Thanks

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Polycom QA tested this and passed this to me:

Turning the P2P to “Auto answer” and MP call to “No” is working with 3.1.3-38278 (HDX 7000)

Might be user is adding third site into the call from MCU and if it is considered as the P2P call for third site, is it “Auto answering”?

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply Steven.  We don't use any bridges, we just have the codecs themselves.  We've tried adding a third site into the call from the unit itself and through the web interfaces.  

Thanks  Paul. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.