Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm likely to purchase a Group 500 unit shortly.

Are there any rack mount flanges for it? Anyone have any suggestions as to how to put it into a rack? I'll probably put it in a 3U wood, desktop rack with a 1U HDMI matrix and a DVD/Blu-Ray on a 1U shelf.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I'm underwhelmed by this forum so far.

HP Recommended

Very few people in the Polycom Community have even seen a Group 500 yet.  It's a little early to tap into a broad base of user experience.

HP Recommended

there are not flanges for the Group 300 or 500. The 300 and 500 have the same footprint as the EagleEyeIII camera so you can put them immediatly under the camera. You can use a shelf in a rack.

HP Recommended

There will be a rack "shelf" available at some point in the near future.
As for right now, please consider using a standard clamp tray as sold by Middle Atlantic an others for secure rack mounting of Group 500 chassis.

HP Recommended

It does fit under the cam, however the cam would not be screwed in place. The unit has two 3MM screw holes on the bottom near each end. They do not line up with a mount's cam holes, plus all the cables would be up an the wall. But it's nice that it's small.

So the cam is screwed into the mount and the codec is screwed to a iU rack. I can't see why Polycom couldn't make a bracket or flange set for a rack.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.