Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

One of my HDX 7000's is intermittenly showing an IP address of 0.0.0.0 and will not connect. The system has a static IP assigned and the fix is to pop the Ethernet cable out and back in and then the correct IP address displays. Sometimes you have to do this procedure more than once to get the system to recognize its static IP. I've replaced the patch cable, cable run and switchport to no avail.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi Robovideo.  It does sound like the HDX NIC is loosing connection to your switch intermittently.

Does it ever recover on it's own without a re-start or CAT5 unplug/replug?

Two things occur to me.

1/ The Switch & the HDX do not agree when Auto negotiating Full Duplex/100MB.  Fix to Full Duplex/100MB in Admin>Lan Properties.  Do the same on the connected switch port.

2/ You may have a faulty HDX NIC.  Is it possible to place another HDX in the same location?

Pete

HP Recommended

I'll try setting the speed and duplex on the switch. Thank you

HP Recommended

In addition to two things by Pete there is a third one:

3/ Bad wire between HDX and the first LAN switch. Is it possible to place HDX in the another location / plug to another socket?

HP Recommended

I set the speed and duplex last Friday and tested today and it kept the IP address. Since it's intermittent I'll keep testing and let you know. Thanks everyone and have a Great New Year.

HP Recommended

The Polycom HDX 7000 has 2 NIC ports - one is the LAN Port and the other is labeled PC.  If you accidentally plug the network cable in the PC port then your LAN NIC card will be empty and it will display 0.0.0.0 as it's IP - when you plug the cable from the PC port into the LAN port the address will likely return.   This happened to a customer of ours and this is exactly what fixed it.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, now with 3 HDX7000. The first lost it's IP address, the wiring tested fine, and other devices worked well on that wire. I did a factory reset and that worked for 2 days until it went back to 0.0.0.0. I gave it a static address and got a replacement from Polycom and it has the same problem, only it is at my desk and the first is at a remote location -- different switches, different networks. The crazy thing is that i can plug a VSX, a GS300, and a GS500 into the same wire at my desk and they grab DHCP addresses with no problem.

I then learned that a 3rd HDX (at yet another location) lost its DHCP address and had 0.0.0.0. I talked the users through giving it a static address and that is working fine for now. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi JSanders.

See my post 28th Dec 2012 further up the thread.  It could be a miss-match of Full/Half Duplex &/or 10/100MB negotiation.  Fix the HDX to Full/100 & then fix the switch port to the same.  Re-test & monitor.  Happy 2014.  Pete

HP Recommended

Hi, I just tried that and it did not work. I set both the endpoint and the switchport to 100/full.

HP Recommended

This worked like a charm! Thank you UCANYTIME!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.