Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a Standard install of Lync 2010 in our environment and are trying to use the m100 Telepresence software.

We can connect to a DC as the LDAP server but cannot register against a SIP Server.

I've been through the documentation but cannot find a mention of what server I should be registering against, or how to trouble shoot the issue.

I've tried registering against the different Lync servers, to no avail.

Any help folks?

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Lync will allow SIP registration from common IP voice endpoints, but you're going to continue to have the issue as long until the Lync side of things are squared away (e.g. video capability).  Once that's done, using the remote Lync client seems like the most straightforward way to go, if the Edge server(s) and FE are all done correctly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

m100 doesn't have native Lync integration functionality [yet].  Can you not use the mobile Lync client? (link)

HP Recommended

Strangly enough it was a direct Polycom Sales Rep who told me to try using it!

We're trying too overcome the Lync Attendant inability to use Video Conferencing/ Desk Sharing.

OK, will look for another solution!

Sean, I don't suppose your aware of one?

Joe

HP Recommended

Lync will allow SIP registration from common IP voice endpoints, but you're going to continue to have the issue as long until the Lync side of things are squared away (e.g. video capability).  Once that's done, using the remote Lync client seems like the most straightforward way to go, if the Edge server(s) and FE are all done correctly.

HP Recommended

I've seen this with many customers with the limitations of Lync Attendee Client.

Some ways around this is setup a user for the remote client on Lync/AD and then they can sign in via the Edge on the full Lync client.  You will then have to change the password/delete/disable the account if you don't want them logging in again.

The other way of doing external H.323 video/content is using the Polycom CMA Server with desktop clients and VBP-ST for the connectivity.  If you wanted your internal users to use Lync, then you would need a RMX as well as the bridge between H.323 and Lync clients.  However we do not support RDP from Lync to H.239 CMAD.  You would need to use Lync Online for the content collaboration session.

Final solution would be both using m100 clients with the correct firewall ports open.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.