Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a client that we have setup a Lync 2010 environment for, The client has a mixture of Polycom HDX 6000 / 7000 devices that I have been able to integrate into Lync.

Using the Lync 2010 client all video works without a problem but when using the Lync 2013 client I just get a error message when attempting to start the video chat  "Video was not accepted" it states that audio will still work but "The video portion was not accepted"

Using the Lync 2010 client works no problem but the customer would like to use the 2013 client as standard, Is this not supported yet by polycom or has anyone been able to get around this issue, the fact that it works on the 2010 client leads me to beleave this might not allow the 2013 client at this time?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Wizzkidy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

LYNC 2013 is currently not supported in the released software for the HDX.

I cannot make any comments on the availability for LYNC 2013 support yet and can only advise you to work with your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Support for 2013 will be coming in a future firmware update, but the latest HDX release (3.1) already incorporates some fixes for 2013, so although it is not officially supported yet you may have success registering or at least completing video calls to 2013 clients (when registered to a 2010 server).

HP Recommended

Hi Jeff,

Well we have updated all the polycom systems to latest firmware and yet no video calls work through a Lync 2013 Client (on a lync 2010 enviroment)

Do you know of any work arounds for this error in the OP, i understand this isn't supported as of yet but if you say "some features" should work as well as Video i'm struggling to find any problems as to why this fails on the 2013 client. (works perfectly on 2010)

PS - without alot of your blogs I would of struggled with a lot of other stuff to do with Lync! 

HP Recommended
Hi Jeff,

I upgraded HDX Version 3.1.1.2, where customers only have audio in Lync 2010 and 2013. But before with HDX Version 3.0.5.1. Lync 2010 client video work.
With the upgrade to 3.1.12 which additional settings needed to operate audio and video to the client lync 2010 and 2013?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am also having this issue. According to the Polycom_UC_Microsoft_Deployment_W7.pdf that was published in January, it is  supported in 2010 as Steffen said, but also has the following

What’s New?
New features for Wave 7 include the following:
• The number of RMX video meeting rooms (VMRs) supported for Microsoft presence is increased to 100
• Microsoft-qualified support for call admission control (CAC)
• Support for updated Wave 7 versions of DMA, RMX, HDX, and ITP products
• Support for NextGen endpoints (Room Series) and VVX endpoints
• Support for Microsoft Lync Server 2013
• Mixed POCN (Cisco and MS) currently documented in the RMX 7.7 release

In our 2013 environment we opted to integrate our RMX unit with lync, following the instructions. After a bit of jumping around, we finally got it working. I can confirm that RMX conferences work with lync 2013, and that HDX units and Lync clients, and CMA desktop Clients can connect and comunicate. I still have to stress test it. 

So my Question is, is this info still accurate? Has the update changed the answer to this question? If so, can we revisit the issue? It would be nice to be able to take the RMX out of the equation, as colo rackspace is expensive.

Thanks,

Dennis

HP Recommended

Sept 2014 and we have that same issue. I already opened a post, it has more than 30 views, but no answer to what could be causing it. Could it be a port issue, maybe?

Or could it be Full HD 1080p configured on the Lync server side?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

The 'Lync Interoperabilty License' for a Group series or the 'RTV Option Key' for an HDX are required to support video calls with Lync 2013 clients or server (AVMCU).

These options add Lync 2013 codec video support.  The HDX includes only RTV but the Group Series supports both RTV and H.264 SVC (as implemented in Lync 2013).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.