Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

So with Lync 2013 comes support for H.264 which give me better interoperability options for video conferencing however the "Microsoft" SIP flavor doesn't work with Tandberg. I am working on a deal where we use a Polycom RMX1500 to connect to existing Tandberg video endpoints. I know that the RMX works with Lync but will it connect to the Tandbergs as well to bridge the gap?

Tandberg endpoints are 3000MXP and 95MXP. I have to leave them in place for the time being because of depreciation issues.

Will this work and what features/Quality will I sacrifice if any?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Yes, the RMX can be used as a 'meet in the middle' approach to bring the standards-based Tandberg units together with Lync clients.  The RMX can provide RTV (up to 720p) video for the Lync side of the equation as well as whatever native resolutions that the Tandberg units support over H.264.

This approach is the same across OCS, Lync 2010, and Lync 2013.  Note that the RMX does not yet support interop with Lync 2013 but this is coming shortly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.