Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

many people are asking about Lync 2013 (client) connectivity issues  with HDX endpoints.

Replies seem to indicate either "we cannot comment", which is a rather poor comment from the vendor, or that it is coming in a future release.

polycom are allegedly a major partner with Microsoft. Why is the release still not available, Lync 2013 has been available for about 8 months now (November retail release), with no real update from Polycom. Come on, I am getting asked about this from my customers every day and I can tell them nothing.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello BillGib,

certain details are under NDA and can therefore not be broadcasted within the public community.

Your Polycom contacts should be able to update you.

We simply cannot post this kind of information here.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry, that is simply not true. You have already publicly published that there is an update due in June (which is nearly over) that will include Lync 2013 interoperability. We have 4 different vendors in 4 different countries, none of who know any more than I do. We need to roll out office 2013, including the Lync 2013 client and just cannot do it at the moment. Polycom have also published that they are/will make it easier for upgrades/upgrade paths, which again simply has not happened.

HP Recommended

Hello BillGib,

I can only speak for what I am able to broadcast within this community.

All software releases are subject to change until they are officially released to the public.

You should work with a Polycom SE in order to get more details on future roadmaps etc.

I am simply unable to provide you with a definitive date within this community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

As already stated release timing is subject to change and can be affected by many factors, many which are not foreseeable.  Items like additional releases that address specific items may be added to the product line plans, the feature set may change after the original plan due to changes in the market and issues reported from the field and when working with Partners their requirements may change.  Polycom finds bugs in our extensive testing suites some that are harder than 'standard' to fix and we will not release software until we are confident that it meets and/or exceeds the quality goals set for the software.

I hope this provides some guidance on the change.

HP Recommended

In all fairness, the answers regarding the Lync 2013 compatability upgrade are worthy of being penned by a political SPOX.

Polycom announced an upgrade was forthcoming by June 30th, and today is the 30th.  Distributors don't seem to know any more than I do.  And the NDA?  About an upgrade?  Come on.  If you can't deliver, make a new announcement.  We cannot plan this way.  i take it back, we can.  We are in the middle of implementing our Lync 2013 rollout, and we will simply install a Lync 2013 workstation in our conference rooms where the polycoms are in all locations, and use them instead.  but if you can't give us any planning guidance, that is our only option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.