Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All

I am trialling Telepresence m100 for a client and have had nothing but problems.

Until a few minutes ago, I have used the VTC test call facility and have been able to make outbound calls and all seemed OK - however whenever anyone rings in I get the "answer" or "ignore" option - ignore hangs up as expected, but answer does nothing.

When my client rings in to me from his Polycom VSX7000 exactly the same happens... I cant answer.

However I believe that this may be a port forwarding issue as I have just dropped my PC into my routers DMZ and suddenly its working.

The ports I am forwarding are as follows;

3230-3237 (TCP & UDP)

1718 (UDP)

1719 (UDP)

1720 (TCP)

1731 (TCP)

5060 (TCP & UDP)

The fact that it seems to work when my PC is in the DMZ tells me that there is a port forwarding issue - so any advice is welcomed.

I do need to get this sorted as my system administrator will go spare if he learns my PC is exposed 🙂

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi Tony...

pls check the release notes for the ports needed (notes can be found here, check page 18).

Also make sure that, when you need NAT, your settings in the m100 configuration (Call settings) are correct.

HP Recommended

Thanks

I checked the router settings and would swear that they were all OK initially - but none the less I reset them and success.

One observation is that I couldnt get v1.04 working at all and had to install v1.00 !

HP Recommended

Hi Again

Pls ignore my last message - I thought this cured it - but alas... still can answer inbound calls.

I have added 1024-65535 TCP & UDP into my NAT and it works - but this is a massive range of open ports. I notice on the Polycom paperwork it lists a bunch of "random" ports - but doesnt give a start or end port - any ideas what the parameters are here?

HP Recommended

I´ve configured my router (initially for a hdx system) with open and forwarded ports TCP 1720, 3230-3237 - UDP 3230-3253.

This is also working for my m100 client. Just give it a try.

HP Recommended

Hi Uwe

Thanks for your input - I have set these ports and can confirm that everything seems to work - except when you click answer when someone calls in, nothing happens - it just keeps on ringing!

Any more port thoughts would be grateful.

HP Recommended

What happens when you set your m100 client to "auto answer calls" and someone dials in ?

Ist that working ? That´s no solution in fact, but could give a hint what´s wrong.

HP Recommended

Any update on this Not answer, i have two pc on two separate networks, can call but the second pc cannot answer on either auto answer or manual answer.

New install m100

HP Recommended

Hi Tony.

I concur with Uwe.  You shouldn't need more than TCP1720 & TCP/UDP3230-3237.  The other ports are for Gatekeeper comms & SIP.

HP Recommended

m100 version 1.0.0.8166_2451 has bugs.
I captured packets on network.
When m100 recived call,
H.225.0 CS packet include 'Private IP Address'
It's bug.
Right case include 'Public(WAN)Address' that you set.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.