Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have in the company 2 MCU(+more) + 25 G310 + 45 G500.

Each Group Encoder is located in a different company's room. We need a calendaring integration solution where I can see each room availability, and users can make room reservation inviting specific people to the conference.

Is Exchange integration able to solve this problem? Or something between Skype/Office 365?
If I have Skype and Exchange license, do we need any special license to use Office 365?
Is there any online documentation that I could use to help in this integration?

*** Most of time Conferencing Video Room will be not generated in our MCU, but from our partner with Zoom CRC license, because they will record the events, and will invite much more people as needed. So... we are just clients in 90% of times. But their conferences schedules will depend of our rooms availability in the place that they need to make a video call.

*** Into each room, we plan to place Group Encoder + a SIP (from our MCU) telephone to private calls between members in video conference. Is MCU able to do this?

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ Alberto V M,

to keep long story short, yes you can intergrate Group series into Exchange and invite them, BUT you won´t have a "Join Button" to connect to scheduled meetings automatically. Therefore you will need "Easy Schedule App for Outlook" and "One Touch Dial". 

For teh moment it is easier to intergrate the GS500 into SfB. This scenario delivers the "Join Button" automatically when you schedule a SfB-Meeting. But be aware, Sfb is nearly dead and soon you will have to move to Teams. And a GS500 is not compatible with Teams, therefore you will need the Poly interop service "RealConnect" to bring your GS500 into Teams. 

I think to clarify all your topics, you better contact a certified Poly reseller. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Mshu.

We have already RealConnect too. Our solution is ready for connectivity with Zoom, WebEx and Teams.

One more item in my original doubt was... Do we need Exchange Server 2013 or is there any newer solution? Like Office 365 or another Microsoft cloud service replacing Exchange 2013?

We had Exchange 2007, replaced with a Zimba Server sometime ago. So, if Exchange 2013 is dead, will be not a good idea we buy it now.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Any version of Exchange which includes Exchange Web Services is supported with the Group Series, which includes all versions of Exchange Server 2007 through 2016 as well as Exchange Online.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.