Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have multiple VSX 7000e VTC's and I can not access the "Sites" section under "Admin Settings". I know the default password to access the "Admin Settings" section = admin and serial number, but once I'm in using the web interface and try to access to "Sites" section under the "General Settings" tab I get hit with a pop-up "JAVA" window asking me for username and password. When I enter the default it just comes back waiting for me to enter it again. So Im assuming the default is wrong but I have never set up any other passwords. What are the right credential to access this part of the web interface? I didn't see it in the Administrators Guide.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

crazybobb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The password defaults to the serial number at initial install. During this setup the installer has the option of changing the password.  This password can also be used for web access. Later after the setup is complete the installer has the option of creating two passwords, one for local admin access and one for remote access or they can be both the same.

The VSX uses Java for many of its web screens, be sure you have the latest Java installed. Also increased security for some screens requires logging in again to that section.

Someone may had turned on Security Mode which requires password changes.

If your password is not working then it may have been changed.

If so and you are locked out the only way to restore the password is with a System Reset.

From the local system GUI go to Admin>Diagnostics>Reset System, check Delete System Settings.

This will erase all system settings and return the system to factory defaults.

The password will be reset to the serial number. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The password defaults to the serial number at initial install. During this setup the installer has the option of changing the password.  This password can also be used for web access. Later after the setup is complete the installer has the option of creating two passwords, one for local admin access and one for remote access or they can be both the same.

The VSX uses Java for many of its web screens, be sure you have the latest Java installed. Also increased security for some screens requires logging in again to that section.

Someone may had turned on Security Mode which requires password changes.

If your password is not working then it may have been changed.

If so and you are locked out the only way to restore the password is with a System Reset.

From the local system GUI go to Admin>Diagnostics>Reset System, check Delete System Settings.

This will erase all system settings and return the system to factory defaults.

The password will be reset to the serial number. 

HP Recommended

Ken,

Thank you very much for replying back so fast. I am accessing the VTC remotely over my network. I am able to access the web interface with the "admin" username and "Serial#" password. When I go into the "Admin - Sites" settings through the web interface a different Java popup window appears but I set this unit up and there are no other passwords. "Security Mode" setting is not checked and "Use room password for Remote access" is checked.

I believe I can access everything else through the web access. Do you think that it could still be a java issue>

Thank you for your help,

HP Recommended

I think I may have an answer now that I have a clearer understanding of the issue.

This may be the result of a recent Microsoft Security update.

We have been working with a few customers who have been running into issues with their Web Interface. Basically, when trying to make configuration changes in the Web UI, after clicking the “Update” button, the browser will hang, and the changes will not be committed.

We have found a recent Microsoft Security Update (KB2585542) which may be the culprit. I was able to reproduce the problems on my lab PC. After uninstalling the update on my lab PC, Web UI functionality was restored.

We were able to obtain the fix for the Microsoft Security Update KB2585542 that is causing the Web UI to freeze while attempting to log into the HDX/Codec, follow the link below and follow the steps.

MS12-006: Vulnerability in SSL/TLS could allow information disclosure: January 10, 2012

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2643584

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply but I don't think that is it. When I click on the "Sites" s  tab under the "General Settings" section to view whats in the directory a second window that happens to be JAVA (which is completely different looking from the initial authentication window) pop's up asking for username and password. The Admin username and Admin password does not work with this second "JAVA" window and I can not access whats on the "Sites" page to view whats in the directory.

I don't think the MS issue applies to me because I am not trying to update any changes. In fact, because I cannot access the contents of that one page there is nothing for me to change.

V/R,

CB

HP Recommended

Has anybody else had this problem?

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I was going to check if my Polycom VSX 7000 has the multipoint (MP Plus) software key installed but I don't know the admin password.  

If I do a system reset, will that erase any installed options?  (such as MP Plus)

Please let me know.  Thank you very much for your help. 

HP Recommended

The actual real solution for this is to use IE (I'm using IE8 in compatibility mode) and then to clear your cache.

Press CTRL + SHIFT + Delete at the same time, and just check "Temporary Internet Files" and then click Delete.

This will fix the problem.

Thanks, Amit, BCS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.