Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Maybe I'm on the wrong place on this forum but I would have to know If there is any chance to set skype on VSX 8000? Can I use hardware of VSX 8000 for skype? 

Tnx in advance

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sorry, Skype and the VSX8000 use 2 totally diffent protocals, there might be a solution in the future, I hear microsoft might be connecting Skype and lynx together. But at the moment, there is none.

HP Recommended

Tnx for replay.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yes. There is a way to use your existing Polycom VSX 8000 with Skype . . . and the system also works with many other Polycom models - both Standard Definition and High Definition systems. Here's the link to more info on this VSS-1 system: http://www.1pcn.com/skype/polycom/index.htm 

The VSS-1 system adds Skype to your exisiting conferencing room system - so you can have one or more remote/mobile Skype users calling into your conference room via video & audio. Point to Point calls, Multi-Site Room to Room calls (via H.323 or SIP), and Skype Multi-Site Group Video Conferencing calls can each be supported.

Skype business benefits include up to 1080p secure videoconferencing, audio conferencing & collaboration on most device platforms – including PC’s Laptops, Macs, Apple & Android smart phones and tablets. It’s a system that many people already know and use. Customers save on video and audio conferencing costs. They also can collaborate using powerful tools such as IM, SMS text, screen sharing and file sharing. It can support up to 10 video users on a single conference, and up to 25 audio conference users.

HP Recommended

Also look up Blue Jeans Network.  Very cool!  Launching in Europe under the name Videomeet in July (yes! 2012:))

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.