Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The software is working on windows 7 and xp but on a mac I am getting the attached error. "a firewall on the computer or network may be blocking the audio and video sent from the far end."  I checked the documentation but it is all for windows. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello cgjondla,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I cannot find any reference that the m100 would run on a Apple OS in the release notes => here <=

Supported is Windows only:

Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later
• Windows XP Professional - 32 bit, 64 bit
• Windows XP Home Edition 32 bits
• Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 32 bits
Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or later, both 32 bit and 64 bit
• Windows Vista Ultimate
• Windows Vista Enterprise
• Windows Vista Business
• Windows Vista Home Premium
• Windows Vista Home Basic
Windows 7, both 32 bit and 64 bit
• Windows 7 Ultimate
• Windows 7 Enterprise
• Windows 7 Professional
• Windows 7 Home Premium
• Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows operating system languages:
• Chinese
• English
• French
• German
• Japanese
• Russian
• Spanish

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I agree with steffen,

there´s only a native mac client for cma desktop. Although you can run the app with, for example, Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac this is not officially supported.

HP Recommended

Sorry, m100 is being run in parallels. So I guess I'll have to look into the os x firewall.

HP Recommended

take a look here:

http://www.owsiak.org/?p=768

I describe how to configure the machine.

One more thing. Make sure to check how your network interface is created in Paralles. It might be that it is visible as internal network.

HP Recommended

Dear cgjondla,

Yes m100 only for windows.

And also It's possible to use m100 in MAC.

For that you have to install vmware in MAC and then install windows in vmware. enable NAT in mac.

I did the same thing and it's working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.