Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We purchased one of these cameras with the hope of using it with RealPresence Desktop in one of our smaller meeting rooms.

Everytime we start RPD it starts but the within seconds the program shuts down. 

I have checked with OwlLabs but they say it is a Polycom issue and won't help.

Tried with several different versions of RPD. 

If any other info is required, please advise and I can add it. Hoping someone has seen this with other 

aftermarket cameras and can offer an easy fix.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @JeremyJ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Have you got any kind of Polycom Infrastructure under contract at present as we usually do not deal directly with End Customers?

You could try and attach some logs to this post. From the RealPresence Desktop application once started click in the top left corner and select Log Collector.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stephen,

My mistake. I thought these forums were member used and anyone with a Polycom issue could post and recieve help from other members.

We currently run a CMA 4000 and RMX2000 in our backend. Obviously the CMA is no longer covered and we have no current contract on the RMX. We will be moving to the new Clariti solution on VMWare in the spring, but until then, we make do.

Either or, I believe I have a work around with the newest RPD 3.9.1. I still have an issue of the XMPP service not registering but that is likely due to my old CMA server.

I can at least dial into our cloud provider (Pragmatic/RP1Cloud) and open a VMR.

Jeremy

HP Recommended

Hello @JeremyJ,

Any person can respond and comment and suggest.

Only Polycom Employees most likely can comment on Polycom supplied software issues and maybe bring this up to the Product Management as example.

If the application no longer crashes since upgrading to 3.9.1 then I do not think any action is required from our end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.