Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have upgrade failures occuring over multiple RealPresence Group 700 endpoints trying to update from 6.1.7.2-510016 to 6.2.1.1-570046.

The issue is eerily similar to that encountered in this Polycom Knowledge Base article. That being the case, I have tried the USB Factory Restore on one of the endpoints as a trial and it does seem to resolve the issue, however it is a major pain as uploading a System Profile alone does not restore Contacts, Speed Dials, Thumbnails, or Background images, and the annoying Maximum Ventilation Option is restored.  One of these endpoints is remote, requiring an interstate flight if this is the only means of dealing with the issue.

I am sharing my experience today for the benefit of others and to canvas any formal explanation and suggestion of alternate workaround. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLUTION: Travel to site and perform USB firmware upgrade IRL, restoring to factory settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Supplementary info that may be of interest:

All of the endpoints that failed today were shipped in 2013, and ironically, were units that DIDN'T fail the 6.0.1 update to 6.1.7.2.  One endpoint of the original four that were shipped in 2013 did fail and was unable to even perform at Factory Restore, thus it was RMA-ed and replaced with a fresh unit late last year.  Today it is that unit. (the one shipped in 2018) that upgraded sucessfully while all others (from 2013) failed.

HP Recommended

SOLUTION: Travel to site and perform USB firmware upgrade IRL, restoring to factory settings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.