Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Need help

Occasional Visitor

Need help

I just purchased a polycom viavideo kit and installed the software. When attempting to open said document an error message comes up. (Failed to register COM objects) I called the support number and they said they can not help in the matter and suggested I go to this forum to look for assistance. I am operating a vista service pack 2  operating system and I am not computer savvy. Please help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Need help

Hello rogerfeder,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

How did you purchase this and who sold this to you?

The ViaVideo II has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase.

Support for the product will be available until 09/30/2010. We recommend using the PVX software with supported webcams.

Please check this Website => here <= for more details on PVX.

The PVX itself is actually superseded by the CMA-D or even the new m500 RealPresence Mobile

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2