Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Network congestion error message from an HDX 7000

A Goddard
Frequent Visitor

Network congestion error message from an HDX 7000

Hi there,

I get the following error message when trying to call an HDX 7000 HD from a VSX 7000A:

'Your call could not be completed due to network congestion or because the site could not be located'

The HDX 7000 HD is running software version 3.3.1-19040

The VSX 7000A is running softwre version 9.0.1

Both are attatched to a CMA 4000, and all is green in the endpoint monitor. I have removed and re added the endpoints but still the same problem. 

I have checked out the network, and I cannot see where the problem is. I am not aware of network changes, since calls worked between these two devices up til recently.

I just need pointing in the right direction.

Your help is apprciated,  If you need any more information I will be happy to respond

A. Goddard

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GaryMiyakawa
Respected Contributor

Re: Network congestion error message from an HDX 7000

I would be looking at the site topology in CMA.   Specifically the SITE and SITE LINKS...    Check the bandwidth limiting setting there.   Remember, when you place a 384kb call over IP, there is MORE bandwidth used (about 20% generally speaking) and that needs to be accounted for when setting up the bandwidth limits.

Good luck!

Gary Miyakawa

Wanna' Test your H.323 System? (71.14.2.157 or 71.14.2.158)
cb157.miyakawa.us and cb158.miyakawa.us
www.miyakawa.us
www.codecsidekick.com
Message 2 of 3
A Goddard
Frequent Visitor

Re: Network congestion error message from an HDX 7000

Yes Thanks Gary.  I certainly looked in the Topologies- Site Links, and ajusted the total bandwidth accordingly.  Our system seems stable now.

A. Goddard

Message 3 of 3