Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a new out of the box Group 500 with an Eagle Eye 4 using the Poycom Extension Kit. 

It is run with CAT6.

I get an image from the camera and control with the remote. But the camera refuses to auto focus. If i put my hand close it the camer the image with be clear. However a full room, zoomed completly out view, the image does not focus. 

Anyone experience this?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

No I have not and I have been testing the Digital Extender for months.

PLEASE make sure you have followed the installation directions as provided in the IRM (Integrator's Reference Manual).  HDBaseT has some very strick rules around the cabling between the points, including the use of solid conductor riser cable, not stranded patch cords/cables.

I would suggest you point the camera toward a small area and you connect the camera directly to the codec to help isolate the problem area.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.