Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our new system is working fine with one exception:

Our office in France cannot call us, the call comes in and the correct information is displayed on our screen, however when I answer nothing happens and after a few moments the call is dropped.  The system at the French end is also HDX 6000

I am able to call from the US to France with no problem, also test sites are working.

I have turned on port forwarding on our RV042 router:

For the HDX 6000:

TCP: 1720

TCP: 3230-3235

UDP: 3230-3280

Is there a Polycomm test site that can call us?

Many thanks,

Geoff

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I should mention that the software version here is : Release - 3.1.3-38278

Geoff

HP Recommended

Hello Geoff,

I should really add a FAQ section here.

Feb 01, 2013 Question: Is there a way I can make a test call to a Polycom site?

Answer: Have a look at this post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi again,

Still have the same problem, I can call out to our French office with no problem, but all incoming calls fail.

Failure symptoms are:

The system rings and I answer.

The incoming address and name are displayed.

The green indicator light shows at the bottom left of the screen.

No video, No audio

The HDX system is set for a static IP address on our internal network and the following ports are open to that address:

UDP 3230>3280

TCP 3230>3235

TCP 5060

UDP 5060

TCP 1720

I have checked with our service provider - they do not block any ports.

Also I have checked with a 3rd party application  (PF Port Checker) that the above port really ARE open.

SIP is set to Auto (I don't know what SIP does though)

Testing to Polycom test sites works.

Any help with this much appreciated, its important that we can accept incoming calls because our office in France needs to call us in order to set up a multi-way session - (they have an HDX 8000 system)

Geoff

HP Recommended

Hello Geoff,

The port 1720 is being used for the H.323 signaling i.e. for the call setup.

Audio and Video uses the following ports:

• 1024-65535 UDP H.245, RTP, RTCP (system not set to fixed ports)
  • 3230-3243 TCP H.245 (system set to fixed ports)
  • 3230-3341 UDP RTP,RTCP (system set to fixed ports)

Did you set the HDX for using Fixed ports or not?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

OK - Thanks,

I have updated the list on the RV042 router per the "Fixed Port" settings as suggested - I have also checked the "Fixed Port" option.

Its a little strange because under the Firewall settings I see:

Fixed Ports (checked now)

TCP Ports 3230 to 3232

UDP Ports 3230 to 3246

I am allowed to change the start ports (3230) but not the end ones (greyed out)

I will see tomorrow if this has made any improvement when we run another test with the French office.

I will let you know, thanks again.

Geoff

HP Recommended

OK - its working now.  Not exactly sure what the fix was but it had something to do with the call from the other side being dialled with the H323 prefix.  (I have no idea what H323 H239 IP SIP mean)  but I noticed that all incoming calls that were IP SIP failed, the only ones that connected were IP H 323.  it would nice if a bit more of this stuff was explained in the documentation or just a simple "getting started" guide for the average user!

It was a bit frustrating to have everything apparently working, with no errors but not have any audio or video...

Geoff

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.