Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've seen other posts on a similar issue but I've yet to see a solution.

We have a new CX5500 that we are testing with Skype for Business and have been unable to get the panoramic view to display.

The PC is an Intel NUC with Windows 7 and USB 3.0 ports.   The CX5500 softtware is 1.1.3.12.

What do we need to do to get the panoramic view to display?

Thanks, Dennis

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello CX5500_User,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Software 1.1.3 is no longer a supported version as we have already release 1.1.4 and 1.1.5

Could you kindly ensure you are running the latest Software before trying any further?

EDIT: In addition are you talking about the panoramic self view on your own LYNC / S4B client?

I believe since the introduction of the LYNC Client 2013 this feature was removed in the self view window and you would need to work with our Partner Microsoft.

Only the remote end sees the 360 view to my knowledge.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Following your instructions I have updated the software to 1.1.5

Yes, I was expecting to see the panoramic view on the SB4 client connected to the CX5500. It's not clear in the documentation that this view is only available on the remote end. Following the software update, we were able to confirm that the panoramic view was available, in addition to the active speaker view. So I believe this has addressed the issue.

I have a follow-up question and am unsure whether I should ask it here, or open a separate topic, so I'll just ask it here. In the panoramic view, the TV monitor that is in the same room as the CX5500 camera displays a very noticeable flicker that would be very distracting to viewers on the far-end. I've checked the monitor refresh rate, which is set to 60p HZ. However, I can't find anything within the control panel or web interface to confirm the camera & monitor are set the same. Your documentation & brochures show this as a standard configuration, CX5500 sitting on a conference table with video monitor in the front of the room. So surely there is a way to eliminate the flicker. Please advise.

HP Recommended

Steffen,

After poking around in the documentation a bit further, I ran across the following in the Control Panel manual:

"In the Advanced page, we can adjust the power frequency to match the device's power supply if there is flicker in the camera."

By default it appears that this is set to 50 HZ. After changing the setting to 60 HZ to match the monitor, the flicker went away.

Thanks,

Dennis

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.