Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

No video or audio with China

Occasional Contributor

No video or audio with China

We started to have problems with USA and China video conference this year.

It was working OK last year, but no more.

The connection is established, but China side does not see or hear whereas USA side can see and hear without an issue.

Is there anyone have success with China?

I am thinking that China Great Firewall is blocking incoming data.

We tried with both VSX 7000 and RealPresence in China.

Please advise.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: No video or audio with China

Hello Stingray,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's Video FAQ contains this post here:

• Jun 21,2014 
    Question: Are there specific Ports in my firewall that I need to open in order to utilize video conferencing?

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <=

• Jun 21,2014 Question: What could be causing one way video or one way audio when utilizing video conferencing?

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <= in order to open the relevant firewall ports.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Contributor

Re: No video or audio with China

Thank you for your suggestions.

The question is which firewall has the closed ports.

If it is China Great Firewall, there is nothing we can do, and I am hoping that it is not the case.

If it is Polycom, or the local router, then we have hope.

Message 3 of 3