Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello I have a VSX700 and have updated the software to 8.5.3. I am able to VC to NY site via IP, but when I dial the number it seems to ring once and then just stops. I have had Verizon come out and test the lines and then are working fine. I am able to receive VC with no issues, but cannot dial out?? It is a isdn line using BRI. Help. Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If your dialling issues are ISDN calls .....

If you are in the UK/Europe check Admin>Network>ISDN that numbering plan is "Unknown" & Voice algorithm is "aLaw".

Also switch type is Standard ETSI.

Other than that 99% of ISDN issues are provider side issues.  Get your ISDN provider to ensure your lines are set to "Point-to-Multipoint & will accomodate "Voice & Data".

If it's an IP dialling issue it's probably Firewall related.

Which method of dialling causes the issue?

HP Recommended

this system is in the U.S. I am able to IP to all site. still not able to dial out.

I have had Verizon here and they have checked the lines and they were able to dial out and test the line.

HP Recommended

Hi Manny.

In the UK our service providers regularly install ISDN2e lines configured incorrectly for VC.  Not sure how this works in the USA.

They also test the lines with an ISDN telephone, checking 1 x 64k (56k?) channel at a time & that always confirms the lines are OK (at least for single channel telephone calls!).

Not much use for bonded ISDN video calls.  The line config parameters they always get wrong is lines should be Point-to-Multipoint & not Point-to-Point & should be configed to handle voice & data.

Perhaps a US poster may be more familiar with your ISDN network.  I'm assuming there is no 3rd party PABX in between the VSX & the ISDN providers NTE.

Pete

HP Recommended

Hey Pete,

I have a Adtran NT1 ACE4 SA Quad ISDN BRI 4 U-Interface Input 4 S/T-Interface inbetween the VSX and the isdn line.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.