Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We currently have OCS 2007 R2 integrated to our DMA + RMX 2000 using a SIP URI. Our users can simply dial a VMR@SIPURI.domain.com. This works, no problem.

However, we are currently deploying Lync 2013 and as soon as we add the SIPURI into Lync 2013 the OCS+Lync integrations break, with a duplicate namespace error.

To get around this problem we have to use a new SIPURI for the Lync 2013 integration. So for example;

OCS 2007 R2 - VMR@SIPURI.domain.com

Lync 2013 - VMR@NEWSIPURI.domain.com

This gets around the duplicate namespace error, however it still breaks all SIP/Polycom meetings as soon as we add a any new SIPURI that points towards the DMA and RMX. It looks like we cannot have 2 SIPURIs pointing towards the DMA or RMX.

Is this correct?

How do we migrate users from OCS 2007 R2 over to Lync 2013 while keeping the integration to Polycom working on both?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI.

I just thought I'd share the solution to everyone here... as I know searching on Google for errors seems to draw a blank with Polycom.

As I mentioned, if you are running (in our case) OCS and Lync 2013 (moving to Lync), the you have to create a second SIPURI otherwise they conflict.

HOWEVER... you must also create a second DNS alias for Lync 2013. Let me explain...

In OCS, we had our SIPURI (*@OCSSIPURI.domain.com) pointing towards the DNS name of the DMA (dma.domain.com).

In Lync, we had the new SIPURI (*@LYNCSIPURI@domain.com) pointing to the same DNS name). This was causing errors in OCS around 18 hours later and in turn would break OCS dailling.

The solution... is to create a second DNS alias for Lync and point it towards the DMA IP (signalling IP of the DMA). As long the next hop in OC/Lync are not the same then it'll work.

FYI - Any new DNS alias you create needs to be in the certificate SAN of the DMA....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HI.

I just thought I'd share the solution to everyone here... as I know searching on Google for errors seems to draw a blank with Polycom.

As I mentioned, if you are running (in our case) OCS and Lync 2013 (moving to Lync), the you have to create a second SIPURI otherwise they conflict.

HOWEVER... you must also create a second DNS alias for Lync 2013. Let me explain...

In OCS, we had our SIPURI (*@OCSSIPURI.domain.com) pointing towards the DNS name of the DMA (dma.domain.com).

In Lync, we had the new SIPURI (*@LYNCSIPURI@domain.com) pointing to the same DNS name). This was causing errors in OCS around 18 hours later and in turn would break OCS dailling.

The solution... is to create a second DNS alias for Lync and point it towards the DMA IP (signalling IP of the DMA). As long the next hop in OC/Lync are not the same then it'll work.

FYI - Any new DNS alias you create needs to be in the certificate SAN of the DMA....

HP Recommended

Also... if anyone finds they have really bad quality on Lync calls into VMR. Take a look at the RMX 8.1 Admin Guide - 3-25

We found that we had to add MAX_RTV_RESOLUTION and the MAX_ALLOWED_RTV_HD_FRAME_RATE flag to get better quality. However the number of cores you have in your CPU does have a significant effect.

We are still working on confirming why the quality varies so much on how you use it...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.