Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have heard that through the admin guides that we can upgrade Group 500 thorugh a web server as there is no standard method of software upload in it like HDX series

Although i have heard USB method is the most reliable method, i wanted to know the other method(Web server method) as well which was mentioned as a web server...other than through CMA or Resource manager

Just please let me know if the below method which i found out is correct or not...

ATC is our customer Name

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\conf

Do the below changes (Please make a copy of httpd.conf file and do the changes and then do copy and replace with the one in the path mentioned)

#DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs" (do the comment with #)

DocumentRoot "D:/Group 500/ATC" (upload the software package file in D:/group 500/ATC or randomly you can mentioned your path as well where you have uploaded the software)

#<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs">

<Directory "D:/Group 500/ATC">

AllowOverride All (which would be AllowOverride None in default values)

Once the above changes are done ,Restart the Apache Web server

And put the path as

http://localhost(your Ip address) in General settings /software updates (server Address) and then click on check for software upgrades in Group 500

i also Attached httpd.conf for your reference...

Abhijeet

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

For assistance in upgrading and the supported procedures please refer to the document Installing Software and Options for the Polycom RealPresence® Group Series and Accessories.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The procedure for the Group 500 Upgrade through the web server is Just a Rough process with detail part concentrated for the Group series. But just was confirming the actual process of how to do it...Because as per the process which i had went in my earlier post,i am able to develop a web server in my Laptop((it shows the software image in the web server) and when i am entering the Ip address of my laptop(which is the web server) in the Group series,It is saying unable to retrive the Image or could not connect ...

Abhijeet...

HP Recommended

Hello ABHIJEET,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already explained by my colleague you require to follow the Group Series Installing Software and Options for the Polycom RealPresence Group Series and Accessories document which can be found => here <=

The section Configuring Your Own Server to Update RealPresence Group System Software covers the part you are interested in.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have been playing with the update server for hours and cannot get it to work. The Polycom documentation is basically useless as it only provides very high level steps.

What I have done so far

- Setup website using IIS7

- I can browse the directory and see the files in my browser window

- I have added the mime types for .sig and .plcm as application/octet-stream

What am I missing here? And please don't send me to the documentation....

HP Recommended

Wow I just figured it out and it's ridiculous. I was using the polycom subfolder and the only way it would work is if I entered the URL as follows:

http://website.com/polycom/

If the last / is not there it fails...

HP Recommended

Hi Stolz,

Can you please let me know which web server/software you had used to make the web server ?

i was using Apache web server but was unable to get it through 

If you see my Previous Post,i had the made the URL and path but was unable to push it further in the Polycom Group series

Regards,

Abhijeet

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.