Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a HDX 7000 running software version 2.5.0.6_1-3960.  It is out of warranty and there is no service plan with it so I am attempting to figure out how to get past the splash screen to reset the settings.  I have disconnected the microphone, camera, printer and all the other components except for the monitor.  I have done a Factory Reset and it is still stuck on the splash screen.  I have attempted to re-install the software via USB and had negative results.  The screen does go black then comes back every 5 minutes and you can hear the fan on the system speed up when this occurs.  

Any suggestions ?   HELP Please

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  The unit hasn't been used for a couple of weeks.  Worked fine last time it was used, and it was shut down after the conference.  I went to power it up today, and the blue light was already on and it was stuck on the splash screen.

Have you been able to find anything out about it?  Thanks!  -Ed

HP Recommended

I attempted to reset to factory settings nothing.  I have attempted a USB reload of the software, nothing and then attempted an upgrade with the .pup and .txt files and now I have lost it all, it is now just a blank screen.  I have learned that if you unplug everything, your camera, speakers, printers ect. and just leave the monitor in it may boot past the spalsh screen.  It did not do that for mine, but it may for yours.  Supposedly if there is an issue with one of your plug-ins it may not get past the splash screen and get hung up.

Hope it all works out for ya, mine is still broken.

HP Recommended

I was able to upgrade via USB Port.  This has fixed the issue.  It has been upgraded and is now working.  Hope that helps. 

HP Recommended

I've got this same issue. How were you able to get it to update over usb?

HP Recommended

Dear Mike
Please can you tell me how did you fix it by USB . I also has the same problem since long time and tried USB with .pup file and key file . Nothing is working , your kind advice will be highly appreciated .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.