Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

dear all,

I've a Ploycom VS4000 but I cannot access to the Admin Setup due a wrong password. Is it possible to reset the actual password and how to do that.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I've just checked on our FX (yes they are still in use!).

Go Menu, System Info & record the System S#.  Thyen go Diagnostics & Reset System (nice icon with a guy with a sledgehammer!). Enter the S# & reset system.  The S# is System Info is a shortened version of the full 14 digit S# on the chassis.  You may need the latter to reset.

Once restarted the S# will be the default admin password.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.