Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How can I pre-populate the list of our Polycom units (IP Addresses) so that when the person clicks the drop-down list they are all displayed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The registry attachment can not be attached:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Polycom\PPCIP]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Polycom\PPCIP\Addresses]
"1"="192.168.1.1"
"2"="TestEndpoint"
"3"="192.168.1.4"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Polycom\PPCIP\SysNames]
"192.168.1.1"="Polycom HDX 8000"
"TestEndpoint"="TestEndpoint"
"192.168.1.4"="Group Series 500"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Please see the attached information, to be used at your own risk and Polycom does not assume any responsiblity for the use of the attached information.  Only people qualified and experienced with the editing of Windows registry should consider doing this. 

HP Recommended

The registry attachment can not be attached:

"1"="192.168.1.1"
"2"="TestEndpoint"
"3"="192.168.1.4"

"192.168.1.1"="Polycom HDX 8000"
"TestEndpoint"="TestEndpoint"
"192.168.1.4"="Group Series 500"

HP Recommended

Thanks,

I will give this a shot in the morning...

HP Recommended

That worked... sort of... Here is my registry....

"1"="192.168.1.1"
"2"="192.168.1.4"

"192.168.1.1"="Main Conference Room"
"192.168.1.4"="Second Conference Rooms"

My Polycom dropdown shows these two:

Second Conference Room

In my \Software\Polycom\PPCIP\Setting I have an 'MRUAddress"="192.168.1.1", which if I change it, it will change the first entry in the dropdown list...

How do I get it to consistantly show the names of the conference rooms?

HP Recommended

He He... Nevermind... I just changed the registry so that the 'MRUAddress' defaults to the actual name.

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi Can this be implemented in MAC systems?

HP Recommended

Hi, We would like to use similar approach with Polycom Pano app + Trios. Pano app sniffs Pano boxes on the network but not Trios. We are using PPCIP at the moment but it's time to migrate. For example, while Pano app supports extended desktop sharing, it's not an option in PPCIP.

Is it possible to list non-Pano endpoints in Pano app too, like Trio and Group Series as well?

HP Recommended

Hello @Tibor,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This would require a feature request so please quote EN-83858

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, thank you, we are opening a feature request now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.