Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all

I am new to video conf and so if my question is stupid please forgive me.  I have two questions really,

1)  i have a logitech camera that the PVX cannot see

2) where do i get my trial license from for the PVX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Justin.

I've found 8.0.2 to be a little out of date vis a vis Win7 & newer processors.

Try 8.0.16. I have it on Win XP SP2 Centrino & Win7 64 bit Core Duo & it's great.

Since it's now discontinued in favour of M100, hang on to it! It's a brilliant IP VC diagnostic tool.

Pete T

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the Forums!

The PVX application does not require a trial key to use.

You will be able to make an unlimited amount of test calls up to 5 minutes in length. That is the limitation for unlicensed copies of the PVX software.

As for not seeing your camera, the best place to start is with updated camera drivers typically found on the manufacturer website.

We do have newer versions of the PVX software available on our website as well.

You can find the software here:  http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/pvx_series/pvx.html

regards,

Barry

HP Recommended

Justin.

I've found 8.0.2 to be a little out of date vis a vis Win7 & newer processors.

Try 8.0.16. I have it on Win XP SP2 Centrino & Win7 64 bit Core Duo & it's great.

Since it's now discontinued in favour of M100, hang on to it! It's a brilliant IP VC diagnostic tool.

Pete T

HP Recommended

cheers working well so far

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.