Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear All,

I am sharing here one of intrestining issue which i have observed in past couple of days frequently,we have observed packet losses in VC call with one of wan side endpoint but the losses could not capture by the wan side or ISP side router.

Can any one let us know what kind of packet losses is that whether it is CRC or else because the router only capture CRC losses(major) and is there way to make them capture any comment would be highly appriciated,

Thanks

GC 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Media packets, which are UDP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I am assuming that you are talking about seeing packet loss either in the call by freezing video or fast updates, or by looking at the packet loss in the stats.

The packet loss in the stats shows the packets which were either not received due to network issues gerneally and would be seen on network monitoring tools, or they are packets that were received by the EP but outside of the latency buffer time.  The packets received late would be considered lost by the video EP but not with network tools as then did make it to the endpoint.

The latency buffer can vary and you did not give enough information to state with certainity but they are generally in the 75ms time frame.

HP Recommended

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the information sharing with me on this topic but i have diffrent concern.i would like to know while in a call the packet losses capture by EP,what kind of packet losses capture by EP wheher it is TCP,UDP packet losses or CRC packet losses.

Kindly please reply at your earliest.

Thanks and Regards

GC

HP Recommended

Media packets, which are UDP.

HP Recommended

really appricate for the information shared with me

Thanks and Regards

GC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.