Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I'm trying to utilize RealConnect on my Trio 8800 with Visual+. I followed the various steps in the PLCM portal to enable my RealConnect licenses. Now I'm trying to enable video interop on my account which appears to work as my Teams meeting invites now include new options to connect via video conferencing equipment. The issue I'm having is how I can actually implement this in a meeting room. On the Trio, there is no way to pair with my Visual+ while in Teams mode. In SfB mode, it worked perfectly. Does anyone have advice for me?

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @cmoney ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Once a Poly Trio is in Teams mode our partner Microsoft restricted the usage to an Audio Conference phone without the ability to pair with a Visual+ and use this as a video conferencing device.

I suggest you simply work with our dedicated support team to set this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen. My understanding was that RealConnect would enable us to use the Trio in video conferences. If that isn't the case then I guess we are truly limited to audio conferences from now on.

Cmoney

HP Recommended

Hello @cmoney ,

The Trio, not in Teams mode, can be paired with a Visual+ or VisualPro and is a full video conference system.

As stated work with our support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Having just been tasked with testing the Trio 8800 with Visual+ in Teams. Is this still the most up to date information? Is there at present anyway to use the Trio 8800 with Visual+ in Teams. At present we are using the Trio 8800 with Visual+ in SfB, setup as rooms through MS outlook and are wanting to see if this would be possable when we move to teams.

Thank you

Roy

HP Recommended
Hello

Microsoft has not changed their mind in the last 7 days since I responded.

Everything posted is and will be applicable

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Is there already any solution or update available for this problem?

We want to upgrade our company from S4B to Teams,cause of the limitations of s4b. We bought 5x Polycom Trio Realpresence 8800 + Visual+ for our meeting rooms. At this moment there is no support for using the product with Teams and video conference.

HP Recommended

FYI everyone, the solution I found is in a blog post. For whatever reason, I wasn't able to get any clear documentation on setting up the Teams RealConnect service on the Trio but this blog post has the details. You need to upload a custom config file to make it work correctly with the service. located here: http://blog.schertz.name/2019/08/poly-trio-with-microsoft-teams/

For my setup, I am using the Hybrid mode and it worked like a charm.

HP Recommended

Checkout the <Community rules disallow this part of the post>

You don't need the cloud interop license and it just works.  Some vendors will offer a trade up program if you have Trios.  We have a bunch of Trios and the limitations are just insane.  

HP Recommended

Hello,

I think we will also offer a trade in program once we release the X50/X30 Teams solution.

Please remember that the "limitations" mentioned by the previous poster are not imposed by Poly.

The Trio, in its originally developed form, is fit for its purpose. We do offer a free RealConnect for Teams solution until the end of June which can bridge the feature gap until we release the X50/X30 Teams solution.

I suggest you work with a Poly reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.