Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Let's make this 100% clear for any people who come here looking or thinking a Trio in Teams mode can be used as a Video Device (spoiler alert - it can't).

1. a Trio in Teams mode WILL NOT let you pair a Visual Plus

2. The Trio MUST be in Skype for Business Mode with a RealConnect License and the .cfg on the device for it to work with Teams meetings (yes, it will have old look on the device and won't be a true Teams device)

HP Recommended

Hello

Poly never advertised this as a capability of the Trio so I am unsure of your reply.

The Trio works as documented and offers a broad choice of partners to work with at the same time. This is something no other competitor can do.

As shown at the Ignite there will be a new functionality coming to the Trio which will work with the X50 / X30 products.

As this is not released yet I am unable to provide more details.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm not here to get in the back and forth with you, Sir.  I'm just trying to help people who might think they bought a Teams device and can't understand why a Teams device won't work with Teams.  I fully understand your quick way out is to tell people to open a support case but I'm not how that helps any of us who come here looking for answers.  

HP Recommended

Hello @SRANE 

I am trying to make you understand that this "shortfall" was not a decision of Poly.

The referral to our support team was to get this working in Skype for Business or openSIP mode to utilize the RealConnect solution.

In addition, we never advertised the Trio in Teams mode with any Visual+/VisualPro solution.

People who come here and "assume" this should be working may find this post which clarifies what is officially supported and works.

Again, as this is the official Poly community hosted by Poly, the Trio in Teams mode will never pair with a Visual+ or VisualPro.

To my personal knowledge, this was not a technical limitation of the solution.

What at present works is:

• Trio in Teams mode can be a Teams audio device and is fully supported by our Partner Microsoft.

People who want the Trio and Visual+ or VisualPro to continue to work can utilize the free RealConnects for Teams service until the end of June. After this period work with a Poly reseller on pricing.

In addition, this offers a multitude of other interoperability with many other partners like Zoom or BlueJeans.

In the near future, we will release a software update for the Trio which will enable the Trio to be paired with a X50 or X30.

There will be certain offers around this and we will provide more details on this once it is released.

Again there will be restrictions around the hardware capability of the above and what our Partner Microsoft supports on a paired a X50 or X30 in Teams mode.

This will be, as we did with the Trio, be documented and advertised so no assumptions should be made.

I am closing this topic as the discussion will not lead anywhere.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.