Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Pano - Black bars on right and left side of the screen content

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Pano - Black bars on right and left side of the screen content

Hello,

I'm testing a Pano on the latest release, 1.2.1.

I have noticed that black bars are constantly shown on the left and right side of the video output and there is a header at the top showing the room name and IP address.

I'm thinking the header should auto-hide or something similar to enable full screen but it never happens.  I have tried presenting via Miracast and the Pano app, same experience.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Easy fix?

Thanks

Sean

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee

Re: Pano - Black bars on right and left side of the screen content

The room name and IP address will always be displayed unless there is a touchscreen or mouse connected to the system and the end user minimizes the touch controls. Depending on the aspect ratio and orientation of the content being sent to the Pano, black bars will be seen. If the image is 16:9 then they will be minimized, but if any other aspect ratios are used then you will see black bars on the sides and/or the top and bottom of the image.
Message 2 of 4
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

Since our use case is just wireless presentation, it sounds like this system will not work for us.

I was hoping the device would auto-hide the room name/IP if the display is non-touch and there is content being displayed.

Thanks again for the info, I recently asked this question to Polycom in person and was told the image should be full screen for our use case.

Sean

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Sean.Stanley66,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Our products mature based on Customer feedback so I can only ask you to work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom Sales engineer on this and feed this back into Polycom as a feature request.

This way we can estimate the work a potential change to our product would require to satisfy your needs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4