Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've done an Android app for the hearing impared that, when paired to an HDX/Group series, allows you to see an incoming call, answer it (if the system is set fo rmanual answer), mute, and hangup the active call.   Still finishing it up before I put it in the store.

It also vibrates if the device has that ability when a call comes in...

I've included a couple screen captures...

If you have other ideas, please let me know !

Gary M

HP Recommended

I am having issues getting the IPAD to pair. The IPAD shows the IP address of the system I am trying to pair with, but fails to pair.  Any advice?

HP Recommended

Do you have pairing enabled on the HDX and is it paired to a Polycom Touch Control Panel? in my experience, You cannot pair an iPad when it's already paired to a PTC.

HP Recommended

Yes, Polycom HDX is enabled.  No polycom touch panel.  It will find the IP address of the system, but won't pair. 

HP Recommended

I'm afraid I can't agree with the "can't Pair" from iPad if the HDX is connected to a PTC. 

I'm sitting here with my iPad paired (thru Real Presense Mobile 2.3) to HDX (3.1.1.3) and PTC (1.7)... and it paired with no issue..

I also paired my VTC-Remote to it to with no issue...

And I was able to control a call (Camera control, mute, etc)...

Just letting people know.

Gary M

HP Recommended

Steffen,

I don't know if I am missing something here, or if I have a smartpairing system that does something no one else does.

In order to setup the smartpairing capability, I had to enable telnet on my HDX-8000 and enter the appropriate API command.  It works fine at that point with my iPad using the RealPresence mobile app.  It doesn't do a whole lot, and I hope it becomes more functional in the future (like, enable camera control or a few other things) but it does work.

Now, supposedly it's using ultrasonic signals between the HDX and the iPad, right?

If that's true, then I don't understand why the smartpairing feature fails to work as soon as I disable telnet on the HDX?  I also don't understand, if it's using ultrasonic signals, why the iPad manages to retain control of the HDX when I wander my campus across the floors, through metal doors, as long as I stay within wireless network range?

As soon as I re-enable telnet it works again and then fails when I disable telnet.  I *think* we're talking about the same feature...

HP Recommended

Smart pairing is only used the "Find" the endpoint.   Once it finds the IP Address, pairing is done over Port 24.  That is why the Telnet port must be open for Smartpairing to work.

Gary M

HP Recommended

interesting... i wasn't on an HDX. I'll have to test that again if I ever get an ipad back.

HP Recommended

Interesting.  The documentation doesn't specify that telnet must REMAIN open, only that it has to be used to toggle the feature on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.